Friday 26 February 2010

Of Contact Lenses



I got contact lenses. :D
My face suddenly looks too big. Maybe cos I'm used to hiding behind my specs.
Ah well, I'll get used to it in time.

I saw two people I know today, both of whom didn't recognise me AT ALL.
o.o
People don't generally look very different with or without contacts rite?



At the specs shop (optometrist?) yesterday the fella was showing me how to wear them,
and at that point I hadn't cut my fingernails yet.
(I like keeping my fingernails insanely long btw)
Putting them in was weird,
cos first my nails and then my eyelashes (of all things) kept getting in the way.
Pfft.




Then it came to taking them out.
I think I scratched my eyeball. :O
It was horribly difficult. And then I couldn't take them out at first and I was freaking out in the shop.
The guy was like -_-.
Excuse me, ppl first time wearing contacts can. No need to -__- me hor??
%$#$#$&#^*$@#$%*.

So I had to cut my fingernails. :'(
...or you know, risk poking my eyeballs everytime I wanted to put in or take out my contacts.

Win some lose some?




Anyway, so I was trying them out at home last night,
and then I put it in my left eye first.
And then everything suddenly
even more out of focus. Like I was in some alternate reality setting.
So I figured something was wrong, so I took it out and then put it in again.
Same out of focus-ness.
:O
Die.

Then I accidentally blinked, and then realised...if I close my right eye I could see perfectly clearly with my left eye.
It was all out of focus cos one eye had a powered lens and one eye didn't.
Damn noob sial.

So then I put the right lens in.
And then stared at myself in the mirror for awhile.
(come on, you know you would do the same thing too)
And then I turned to walk out of my room, and out of habit, picked up my specs and put them on.


Woooaaaah.


Then I remembered I didn't need specs while I was wearing contacts.
-__-





P.S. My contacts are freeeeeeeeee. People like giving me free "trial" stuff. I like :D

P.S. 2.
I have this fear that one day I might accidentally push my contacts down and then they'll somehow slip through to the back of my eyeball and then I'll have to go for surgery and they'll have to take my eyeball out to remove the contacts and then reattach my eyeball and then I'll always somehow be worried that my eyeball will fall out of my socket and then I'll have to walk around like Frankenstein and then people won't love me anymore.


:(




~vid~

No comments:

Post a Comment