Saturday 26 April 2008

Football and the Irrepresible Ego of the Male Population

Ok, I promised myself that I would FINISH my PBL research or not watch the MU game today.
And well, I got distracted alot today, and hence did not finish my PBL research in time.
And anyway, my mum was watching some Hindi movie on astro, so I was like
"ok la...today cannot watch game la. bluek."

(When my brother isn't home, football isn't given priority in my house. Which is unfair la, but its all part of my family's grand plan to make me more girlish. -___-
Seriously la! I can wear a saree and still watch football wat rite? Wat does watching football have to do with being ladylike?
Ok, I mean seriously, even if it is true that no prospective mother-in-law will want her son to get married to a girl who goes crazy and yells the house down while watching football...how are they going to know, rite? Unless they visit me on game nights...which would mean that the guy-aka-prospective-husband doesnt watch football...
If he doesnt watch football, I wouldnt want to marry him anyway.
So I really don't see the problem. :p)

Okay, back to my story :
Then my mums movie finished, and I got called down for dinner, and my dad had switched the channel to the game, and well,
I started watching, and ended up sitting there til the end of the first half.
What can I say?
I seem to have a magnetic attraction for football. Esp EPL. :)

Anyway, I damn bengang now that Ballack scored for Chelsea.
And the retarded 4-5-1 formation is SO NOT WORKING.
I maintain, as I always have, that Ferguson should retire.
(I would very much like Roy Keane to come manage MU! But, I digress)
And the second half is starting, so I shall be back in 45 minutes.

And I duno why, I'm so drained of energy today, hence the lack of swearing despite the fact that MU is one goal down.
BRB!

*After 50 minutes*

Hie.
I'm still damn bengang btw.
Final score : 2-1.
Ok fine, MU played rubbish. Fine, they probably wouldn't even have gotten that lousy goal if Carvalho hadn't been so stupid. (But, God, WHAT was Carvalho thinking!?)
And yes, Chelsea was in much better form.
BUT THAT PENALTY WAS SO UNECESSARY. Idiot linesman.
Oh, but then MU damn smart oso la. People already masuk injury time. Left 3 minutes. AND THESE FELLAS CAN STAND AROUND AND FIGHT SUMMORE.
THEYRE LOSING AND THEY CAN AFFORD TO WASTE TIME.
ANNOYING OR NOT!??
Stupid la these people.
My mum thinks its a miracle Ferguson hasnt died of heart attack.
I think its a miracle I havent got high BP. -__-

MU better win the remaining games la, seriously.

But today, I got some more story to tell. :)

I think its idiotic how some guys cannot accept the fact that I watch football.
They especially cannot take it when I say I've been supporting MU since I was 4.
-___-
Just because you all start supporting when you were 5 and 6 years old means I cannot start supporting them when I was 4 izit!?
Just because I started supporting them when I was younger, you all punye ego affected izit!?
GROW UP LAH.
I'm hundred percent serious when I say I have supported MU since...YES...SINCE I WAS FOUR YEARS OLD.
Get used to it. -.-"

For the record, when I was 4, my brother was 13.
And for the record, when he was 12, he started supporting MU.
And for the record, back then, whenever he did anything, he used to try brainwashing me into doing it with him.
And for the record, at four years old, I used to hero-worship my brother.
SO...when I was four, I started watching the World Cup.
I found it extremely boring, but for my brother's sake I would watch. And then when the WC finished, I watched EPL with him. :)
And so, I started out supporting MU for the sole reason that my brother supported them, but in time I realised they were an excellent team, and I started supporting them for my own sake.
And by the time I was five, I could explain offsides, penalties, throw-ins, fouls, AND I could name the entire MU squad at tat time.
Which brings me back to the point I am trying to EMPHASISE...
I HAVE SUPPORTED MU SINCE I WAS 4.
EIther you live with it, or you go get therapy. :D

And, btw, before that, I used to support Blackburn Rovers.
But that was jz cos my cousin's dog's name was Rover, and cos we had to pick teams when I played 1-on-1 football with my brother....with a ball made out of paper. XD

Oh ya.
One more thing I dont understand...
You know how you read in newspapers and magazines that guys hate it when their girlfriends dont understand the importance of football?
You know wats really weird about that?
Sure, they hate it and all when you dont get football, but they hate it even more when you DO.
I really dont understand guys.
They claim to really not want girlfriends who grumble about football, but then they feel uncomfortable if their girlfriends sit and watch football with them.
Trust me, I've been there before.
Cos well...its not a girlfriendish thing to do.
W.
T.
H.
LA.
Kononnya dont like ppl who dont like football. At least appreciate those of us who would actually sit and watch it WITH you la!
This one dowan. That wan dowan. ANNOYING OR NOT?
Guys are donkeys.

Nyahah.
I bet alot of guys are beginning to hate me now.
But try all you want la...I'm NOT HATE-ABLE.
*sticks out tongue at everybody who wants to try n hate me*

:)

~vid~

p.s. this post is in red, courtesy of Suh MIng. :p