Friday 18 April 2008

Look How Far We've Come :)

Apparently Nirmal and Reza (from my orientation group at IMU) have stumbled upon this blog.
*gasps and dies of shock*
hehe.
I wanted to gasp and die of shock in the lab just now, when they told me, but then labs are not condusive places to be dramatic in, so I had to settle for being civilisedly surprised.
So not fun.
Bluek. :p

But I was seriously surprised.
And then I realised that I had very hardworkingly entered the blog url under "website" on Facebook.
No wonder lah. -__-

Anyway, it made me all nostalgic, and then I started reminiscing about how we got the blog started last year.
Which made me remember Jea Mie's very first post.
For those of you who don't know, there are three people who post on this blog.
Me the one who blogs alot,
Jea Mie the one who blogs sometimes,
and Yan Qi who doesn't blog at all...but she's still a co-author, or we wouldn't be the THREE blind mice :)
(refer to the header above)

Ok, back to remembering Jea Mie's first post :
I'm gonna copy paste it here, k?

*beginning of JM's first post*

Friday.
8.6.2007.
Our blog has been created....
-After 5 minutes-
Great...the first post and I already have writers block.
Sad.Just sad.
Basically,this blog is created by the 3 blind mice.
Me,Vidya and Yan Qi.
Actually,not Yan Qi,she doesn't know about this yet.
But we'll tell her soon. :P
We made this blog to...to...
Okay I have no idea why we made this blog.
It was Vidya's idea.
Ask her.
Don't ask me.
I'm just playing along. :)
Who knows how long this blog will last?
Will it be famous, with over a 1000+ page views per day?
Or will it be left to rot,all alone, with not even 10 views for a year?
Who knows?
Who cares?
What I do know is,I shouldn't be worrying about this right now.
After all...it's only just...
T h e B e g i n n i n g . . . =]

*end of JM's first post*

(MY first post was retarded, hence it shall not be copy pasted. ><)

BUT, ok my point (i keep losing focus here)
I'm kinda proud of this blog. :)
So we're not super famous. But we do get a decent number of hits per day.
I'd say 2000+ hits in about 2 and 1/2 months was pretty good, considering this isn't one of those blogs where we bore you with our daily schedules and ten thousand pictures of the food we ate and the people we saw and the clothes we bought etc etc.
I'd say it was pretty good considering this blog hardly HAS pictures. :p
And considering most of the posts involve long random crappy grandmother stories.
Ahaha.
okok see lost focus again -__-
My point is, I think this blog is doing pretty well, beyond expectation anyway.
Cos I dont think either me or Jea Mie ever thought it would last until now, and that we'd actually have a counter and have other people besides ourselves leave comments in the tagbox.

Therefore, I would just like to take the opportunity to emphasise that we, the 3 Blind Mice, rock.

=D
OK tat was not my point either, but I seem to have forgotten what my point was, so we shall just have to settle for that. :p

OK, (I have a feeling this post is already too long, but nyemine...lazy wan use up another post for this)

To my Orientation Group - Dirty Dozen (any of you who do read this)
I never expected any of you to ever come across my blog la, but anyway, here goes :
It struck me as funny when Nirmal told me today that she wasn't sure if this blog WAS my blog because I sounded so different from the person you knew.
Well, erm, tats cos you didn't know me at all. And...that was purely my fault, cos I couldn't be bothered to make an effort.
So, what I'm trying to say is that I do regret not getting to know you people better, and I do regret not giving you all a chance to know me, because I AM a wonderful person really (cheh wah...I'm joking btw!)
But most of all, I'm sorry for not joining in and helping you people out with all the Dress Codes and the Track Trip and the Treasure Hunt...and for not turning up at meetings.
I have no idea why, but I somehow just didn't click with you people, and I guess that was also cos I couldn't be bothered to. Perhaps in another place...another time...
Ok I should stop being dramatic, or I'd sound like a retard. -__-
And oh yeah, I do need my red cloth back. The one you guys pinjamed for the Dress Code? I somehow always forget to ask you when I see you...so...yeah. I would like my red cloth back pls tq. :)

But I am sincerely sorry about being a jerk and not joining in for orientation. :(
Dont hate me yea?

~vid~