Friday 2 May 2008

Dreams

Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you. ~Marsha Norman

I think I can safely say for sure that I do not at all understand my soul.
Why did my soul pick such a difficult book to write? Such an impossible book?
WHY let me dream of the impossible?
Why lead me down roads that even I know do not exist in the real world?

Some colors exist in dreams that are not present in the waking spectrum. ~The Quote Garden

Why is it that the things that I want most in the world are the things I know cannot have?
I know it is not possible.
And yet I go on dreaming anyway.
And every once in a while I turn around, and tell myself to STOP. WAKE UP.
I tell myself to stop believing in fairytales.
And the next moment…I go right on dreaming.

The best love affairs are those we never had.~ Norman Lindsay

Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men. ~ Goethe


My dreams are huge.
But I doubt they have the power to move the hearts of men.
Maybe they do.
My dreams make me cry. Maybe they’d make you cry too.
I wouldn’t know.

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. ~ Erma Bombeck


I have not that courage.
I do not dare to share my dreams with the world.
I’m not ready to have people laugh at the crazy ideas that take root somewhere deep inside my subconscious.
Don’t we all live for what other people think?
Don’t we all hide away what we really and truly are, just because the world is not ready to accept us unconditionally?

A dream is a wish your heart makes. ~WALT DISNEY, Sleeping Beauty

Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real. ~ Tupac Shakur


If only.
God knows, how much I want for my dreams to come true.
Its cruel to give myself hope like this, but if I didn’t dream, my life would be sad.
If I didn’t reserve the right to imagine crazy stuff every once in a while, life would be boring.
And predictable.
And downright depressing.

It’s the dreams that make you smile.
Although at a later date, you really wake up and get heartbroken when you realize that the one dream you have been holding on to is never going to come true.
And then you cry.
And promise yourself never to dream again.
And the next thing you know, a new dream comes along.
More impossible; more improbable than the last.
And you say NO. NOT THIS TIME. NO MORE DREAMS.
But still…you give in.
And you dream anyway. :)

If a little dreaming is dangerous, the cure for it is not to dream less but to dream more, to dream all the time. ~ Marcel Proust

~vid~

p.s. when I’m bored, I tend to become super emo.