Wednesday 7 May 2008

Seaweed

Okay, I'm just writing this because the previous two posts havent been interesting.
Not that this one will be interesting or anything, but anyway...

I was reading Shopaholic. The first book (not that this actually has anything to do with this post), and then I felt like suddenly drinking coffee, so I went to the kitchen to make some, and when I opened the cabinet, I was hit by a whiff of Seaweed.
You know, those edible green flat ones that come in those plastic packets.
Which was weird, because no one here eats Seaweed.
At least, I think no one here eats Seaweed.

But anyway, the smell of it reminded me of how I was tricked into eating Seaweed for lunch today.
Bleargh.

No offence or anything, but I think Seaweed has to be the most disgusting thing on Earth, and I DO NOT understand how people can eat it.
Not that I consider you weird or anything for eating it.
I mean people used to think it was weird of me when I said I like the smell of fermented milk.
Fermented milk, is in essentiality, yoghurt. -__-
Just beacause I said fermented milk instead of yoghurt.
But, yes, back to Seaweed.
Its perfectly okay for you to love it.
Its just that I think its disgusting.

I remember having this conversation in G4 last year about Seaweed, and me explaining about why I didnt like it...
and I remember the conversation ended with me saying I love nasi lemak.
Although how we ended up at nasi lemak from Seaweed, I do not remember.

But then again, if you knew us, you'd find it pretty normal.

Oh, but back to my story about today's lunch.
God, why am I so distracted??
Can you believe I actually stopped reading Shopaholic halfway because I got inspiration for this post, and I decided to type it out before I forgot what I wanted to say?

FOCUS.

Ok, today's lunch.
We went to this bakery, cos I had to buy bread, and I ended up buying a sausage bun for lunch.
It looked really good, with lettuce and chilli sauce n all.
I mean it looked as good as a sausage bun can look.
Anyway, when i was eating it, halfway through the bun I bit into...SEAWEED.

Can you believe they had actually folded Seaweed and HIDDEN it under the sausage!?
SEAWEED.
I mean, WHO puts SEAWEED in a SAUSAGE BUN!?
They should at least put a warning or something rite?
Sausage Bun with Seaweed.
But no, all the sign thingy in the shop said was Sausage Bun.
WTH.
Arfgh.
And I had to eat it too.
Cos its bad to waste food.
And I will never forget the ten thousand lectures my mum gave me on karma and how if you waste food, later on in life you wont have food to eat.
Call it stupid superstition.
But not having food to eat DOES NOT appeal to me.
I love food.

Okay, I go back to reading Shopaholic now.
And drink coffee.
In reverse order.
*wink*

~vid~